I am an enthusiastic secondary music teacher who has a passion for teaching with ICT, specifically iPads, not just in music, but in many curriculum areas. Through experience teaching music, art and technology at Secondary and Primary levels, this interest and expertise has led me to present courses and provide in-school training and support to share my passion and enthusiasm for how iPads and technology can be used to increase student engagement and improve learning outcomes. As a teacher, I understand the issues in the classroom of management, workflow and what works well and what does not, and am always keeping up to date with new ideas and advances in technology.
Coding and Robotics in K-6 education has become another passion of mine, and I am always experimenting with new resources and present many training courses to teachers on how to integrate Coding and Robotics into their teaching and curriculum. Teachers can be fearful of teaching Coding when they know little about it, and many teachers say my training courses demystify coding for them and they gained confidence to teach it in the classroom.
Living in regional NSW, I understand the challenges for teachers who are required to travel to metropolitan areas for Professional Development. So in addition to courses in Sydney, I offer courses in the Coffs Harbour area and other regional areas, which have included Ballina, Macksville, Tamworth, Wollongong and Broken Hill, and Cairns. Below is a map with areas I have presented up to 2016, and the red dots indicate where teachers have come from to attend my courses. I am willing to travel so teachers do not have to!
I am endorsed to provide NESA Registered Professional Development for teachers accredited at Proficient Teacher. Descriptors vary according to individual courses, but include:
- 1.6.2 Design and implement teaching activities that support the participation and learning of students with disability and address relevant policy and legislative requirements
- 2.1.2 Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging activities
- 2.6.2 Use effective teaching strategies to integrate ICT into learning and teaching programs to make selected content relevant and meaningful
- 3.3.2 Select and use relevant teaching strategies to develop knowledge, skills, problem solving and critical and creative thinking
- 3.4.2 Select and/or create and use a range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning
- 4.5.2 Incorporate strategies to promote the safe, responsible and ethical use of ICT in learning and teaching
- 5.1.2 Develop, select and use informal and formal, diagnostic, formative and summative assessment strategies to assess student learning
I am also endorsed to provide QTC Approved Refresher Courses for Returning Teachers on Curriculum and Pedagogy.
I am a member of the Apple Consultant Network focusing on Education Solutions, an Apple Learning Specialist, a Book Creator Ambassador, Seesaw Ambassador, Certified Nearpod Educator and Google Certified Educator Level 1.